Thursday, September 2, 2010

Arbitrary Thursday

I have a bunch of little things to post about so here they are, in no particular order:

1. I have three pairs of socks to photograph and blog, but I need a photographer's assistant, and he is at work. I also have a pair of yoga socks to photograph and blog, but I can't find them.

2. It is allergy season and I am sniffly, cranky, and tired.

3. I love my new studio! I need to get a few more things in place and then I will take pictures to show you.

4. I have spent most of my time in Texas designing a new free pattern for some socks. After I get the photos of it (and finish knitting one more test pair to make sure that everything is up to code) I shall put it up on Ravelry.

5. My dog Lucky has a felted flower toy which I must throw for him every 3 minutes. A day in which he does not find the flower 6 or 8 hundred times is a day wasted.

6. I really wish I had practiced drawing more after I got out of school. Just now realizing that would have been a good skill to have.

7. I could have started gathering information for this whole Becoming a Knitting Designer thing a long time ago. Why do I not yet own copies of Knitting From the Top, Sweater Design in Plain English, and The Knitgrrl Guide to Professional Knitwear Design? I especially want the Knitgrrl one.

8. I think I'm going to really love this job.

9. It was late last night and dinner never really happened so we went to the Austin Culver's. It was just like being at home. Oh, Wisconsin, how I miss you.

10. Going to a yarn store later today with a new friend from the HPKCHC. Always a good thing mixing knitting, yarn stores, and Harry Potter.

11. Big plans this weekend!

a. UW @ UNLV - we're going to go to watch the game at a bar with all of the other UW alums here in Austin. (Not to mention that football is starting, my favorite time of year!)
b. Going to see an interview with and then a one man show by Kevin McDonald - our favorite Kid in the Hall! I am so excited I can hardly stand it. Kids in the Hall is one of the best things on the planet!

12. And Monday is Labor Day! Even though I don't really get days off any more that is still exciting!



No comments:

Post a Comment