Monday, September 6, 2010

More Socks Than You Can Shake a Pointy Stick At

These are today's socks!


First up are the March Shipment of the Rockin Sock Club - Slip Jig Socks in My Wild Irishgirlie.


I pronounce this a delightful and enjoyable pattern to knit. I would also like to say that I love this colorway. In fact, I love it so much that I see it again in my future. I think it would be amazing for girlie babies, and as it happens, I know several.


Let me also direct your attention to the cunning little circles on the cuff. They make me think of dancing, and the whole time we did this little photoshoot I was ballerina-girl. Something you may not know about me is that once upon a time, I was quite the dancer.

Next we have a pair of prototype socks.




This yarn is Three Irish Girls Beckon Stretch Merino in the colorway Father Time. I also have some baby booties in this colorway around here somewhere, if I could just hunt them up.

And here are the socks that came from the Prototype Socks pictured and characterized above. I name them Skoosh Socks. Here they are in Socks That Rock Spy Say Guacamolay - again may I just say, this colorway rocked my socks. It rocked them hard.


I'm putting the final touches on the pattern, and working through the smallest size - a gift for a friend. I've got to tell you, they are taking forever. It's probably because they are smaller than my usual sock and I expect them to go faster.


These are Happy Hands Toe Jamz, colorway Spirit In The Sky. I love these colors too - and this song is one of the great songs of all times. That's something cool about Happy Hands sock yarns; they're named after songs. I have some Brown Eyed Girl in my kit that's going to be some beautiful socks one of these days.

I'm working on some other behind-the-scenes stuff here, but I am going to try to get the Skoosh Socks up and running later this week. Very exciting!

2 comments:

  1. Spirit in the Sky (the song) always makes me think of our Buddy. I *love* that colorway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um...I would knit (and wear) those socks. Way to be a designer.

    ReplyDelete