Things are not going well in knitting land. I got 8 skeins of Socks that Rock from various people this Christmas (eight total, not, a whole bunch of people gave me 8 skeins each, which would have been both totally wicked and overwhelming.) Eight skeins total is pretty wicked and overwhelming actually - I am seized with the desire to stare at yarn all day. I am also completely consumed with the desire to knit knit knit all of my new yarn, when in progress right now I have:
- Sister-in-law's Christmas scarf (almost 2/3 finished)
- Mom's aborted Christmas mittens (have to finish, but on the 21st reason prevailed and I realized there was no way on this planet that I was going to be able to have them ready for Christmas.) I got her some china instead and showed her the mittens which she now eagerly anticipates. I'd like to finish them before I go home. Also I forgot the pattern and so am following the first mitten very closely to make sure I do the same thing.
- Uptown Boot Socks - started this fall after WI Sheep and Wool, very slow progress, just finished the first one and it is too small for me (because of the cables). Hope to finish and give to my mom, who has tiny little ankles.
- Brother Socks Round II. The replacements for the socks I lost in Door County. I'm just about finished with the gusset on the first one.
- Jonagold Socks - started for myself shortly before leaving WI.
- Gingerbread Girl Stockings - have finally done the math and am in process of knitting the legs.
- Mini-Moochi Stock Socks - I accidentally bought some Mini-Moochi yesterday and before I knew it had almost half of a sock. Oops.
- Heartwarmer. Of course.
The first three on the list are the ones closest to being finished, so I'm going to make those my top priority. And if I get tired, maybe a little Mini-Moochi to take the edge off.