Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Home Again Home Again

Well, I got to Austin on Monday night, so today is my second day in the new place. It is so great seeing my husband and dogs again - it already feels like I was never away. I completely love our new place as well - big rooms, beautiful floors, it's great. I have a studio of my own with a ton of light, we have a dishwasher(!) and we have laundry hookups, so we're looking for a secondhand washer and dryer to hook up to them.

My main project right now is not so much knitting as it is getting everything organized in this house. There are still boxes everywhere and I have a ton of unpacking to do. I do like organizing things though, so that's a good.

I definitely think it's going to be weird though, not leaving the house to go to work. I did it yesterday for the first time and just kept feeling like it was time to get going. Last night I started to work on a pretty cool project though, and now I feel like I have some momentum.

I'm off to work on unpacking and organizing for a while. In other news, yesterday I had my laptop blaring music while I was working and kept thinking, "Oh, no way! I can't believe this radio station is playing this song - I love this song!" and then realizing that I was listening to iTunes and of course it would be playing all of my favorite music, because it's my music. Very smart. SMRT.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad to hear you made it to Austin and you like your new home. Congrats on the dishwasher and the future washer and dryer and good luck with the unpacking!

    ReplyDelete