Tuesday, September 14, 2010

I Am Offended

Okay, so I know that The Colbert Report is a joke show, but this lady is not joking and this is beyond the pale. Stephan Colbert's guest tonight is a woman who has written a book about How to be a Preppy. She describes her book thusly:
"A Preppy is somebody who has tremendous ease, tremendous confidence, a little goofy, a little sporty and uses received wisdom, because having new ideas of your own is not Prep . . . It's really somebody who has a classic outlook on life, as well as a classic wardrobe . . . There are also people who are aspiring to prepdom and for them this is a moment where they can actually say I want a self improvement program that allows me to wear khakis, allows me to drink bloodies and allows me to casually toss my sweater over my shoulder . . . (Prepdom) is about fitting in. What are we going to do in a world with Polar Fleece and the internet?"

I am almost speechless here. I don't understand how this can not be a joke. She is completely serious though, down to her Ann Taylor shift dress. All I can think of is this:


In case you can't read it, the poster says, "Conformity: It's the one who is different that gets left out in the cold." Poster originally seen on How I Met Your Mother and yanked from Be Awesome Instead.

To sum up: What you wear is just as important as the fact that you are unable to think for yourself. Excellent, lady. Well done.

No comments:

Post a Comment