Friday, April 24, 2009

UFOs

Since my last post I have made almost no progress with the Henly Hoodie or the Gold Shell Socks. I had a bad day at work and came home and decided that the only prescription was more Socks that Rock. I actually have a soft deadline - I want to be finished with the Hoodie at least by May 1st - but what have I been doing for the last three days?


This my third attempt with this yarn and I'm finally loving it - the Uptown Boot Sock from Favorite Socks, which I long to own, and IK Winter 2003 which I happily do own.

Initially I was going to do the Blackrose Socks with this yarn, but the CO number made the yarn pool in a very weird way. Jorah really liked it and I was tempted to go with it, but you couldn't really see the lace, and then I went and perused the Ravelry gallery for County Clare Lightweight and they were just all so lovely I couldn't stand it, so I ripped. Uptown Boot has a CO of 80, which makes for a lovely spiral striping.

I still want to make the Blackrose Socks of course, I really enjoyed the pattern while I was knitting it and it was super fast, but I'm going to need a different yarn. The pattern suggests using something from the Raven Clan and that's the way I'm leaning. Probably Pallas Athena or Rauen.

I tried something else in there too, but it has vanished - I don't remember anymore. Anyway, I'm on the heel flap for the first sock after doing quite a short leg and that's essentially the only useful thing I've done since Tuesday.

I'm in a hurry to finish up some UFOs because the next semester of the Harry Potter Knit and Crochet House Cup is starting May 1st and I want to be able to sign up for some classes. I've been lurking in this group since early March and am really looking forward to participating in the summer term. I need to finish the Henly and these two pairs of socks because I want to be able to cast on a new project guilt free!

Speaking of Ravelry Groups - I started my own this week. I'm now the moderator for the Lakeside Fibers Love Group- yes, Lakeside is my yarn store. So far it's small, but we have lots of fans, so I'm sure it'll be as big as the Facebook group soon.

So, self: Henly Hoodie, Gold Shell Socks, Ireland Boot Socks, Wisconsin Heartwarmer! Time to buckle down!

No comments:

Post a Comment