Thursday, April 16, 2009

Stash/Mood Enhancement

It was such a Jonah day today. Started bad, continued bad, ended sort of bad. Went out to dinner with Jorah and got a little cheered up - a lot, actually, he's the bee's knees - but the great thing about today is this:

My Blue Moon Fiber Arts package came today!!!

And here are the goodies:


A set of large sock blockers (I have surprisingly large feet - they are beautiful, but large. I'm actually kind of vain about them.) These are my Pirate's Booty Socks modeling for you. They're the STR the bosslady gave us all for Christmas, and I'm glad she did, because Pirate's Booty is on hiatus right now. These sock blockers are completely gorgeous by the way, even more beautiful in person.



County Clare Socks That Rock Lightweight



Blue Brick Wall Socks That Rock Lightweight

The photos are awful, it's true - it's already after dark here so no natural light. But still - beautiful new yarn and sock blockers! I'll be able to take pretty pictures of all of the socks I'm going to knit for my lovely feet. I think Blue Brick Wall are going to become Pomatomus Socks based off of these beautiful ones by jhelanee. I've been admiring them for weeks. I think County Clare are going to become these lovely socks I just found today - Blackrose Socks.

To think that seven months ago I had never knit a pair of sock weight socks. Now I find socks to be basically a mood-altering drug.


It's too dark to see it really well, but I snatched a picture of my Big Bad Baby Blanket too. I'm going to need some more yarn - need to call Hilton Hacienda tomorrow and see if they'll ship me some. I'm loving this blanket. It's more green in person, and not at all orange as it is sort of appearing in that picture.

1 comment:

  1. OOh I think I've made the Big Bad Baby Blanket before - I think the pattern is in Stitch & Bitch. It's so easy and is a great gender neutral pattern. :)

    -Millie

    ReplyDelete