Monday, May 4, 2009

Sundays are for Socks?

Finished some socks:



They feel like they take forever when you knit them two at a time, but at least when you're finished knitting you have two of them. I sort of fell asleep knitting them this afternoon and had to fix some wonky decreases on the toe, but they're just right now. As I've mentioned, these are the Child's First Socks, from Knitting Vintage Socks by Nancy Bush. It's a great book and I love this pattern. It's just ten intuitive rows and it looks great and is super stretchy.


I also knitted on the Henly Hoodie and made -10 minutes of progress. I started the right sleeve twice and I'm going to have to rip it out again (I'm thinking that will take ten minutes tomorrow when I have the wherewithal to do it).

I don't know if I've mentioned before how Jorah is an ideal knitting husband, allow me to use these anecdotes to illustrate:
  • A recent paycheck was significantly more than we expected, Jorah's first reaction: "You should buy some yarn!"
  • I mentioned that I would probably like to buy the Socks that Rock that have been in my saved cart and would he like to pick out a color to add to the pile for me to knit for him too? He thought that was a great idea, or maybe he could pick out one to knit himself (did I mention that Jorah knits? and almost exclusively socks!).
  • Later that day he suggests visiting the website and turns up his nose at the more solid colors (I think they're lovely colors but it's nice not to have a stereotypically bland color choice from a guy.) No, he wants the Multicolor Wave. We looked at some finished projects on Ravelry, and he was psyched when he saw that his fave, Azure Malachite, pools like crazy. Infact, his exact words on seeing this picture were "Wow, that's f*cking awesome!" (I did explain about how the CO number effects that.)
An ideal knitting husband, indeed.

*The management would like to apologize for the creative use of punctuation in this post.

1 comment:

  1. This is my new favorite post in my new favorite blog. Hip hip hoorah for Jorah!

    love,
    Millie

    ReplyDelete