Sunday, May 10, 2009

In Spite of the Whining

It was actually a great day yesterday. We went to the Farmer's Market - in my opinion the best Farmer's Market in the country - and walked around. We tried a mini-chocolate bundt cake, and I just had to take a picture of it, it was so pretty:



It was just as delicious as it was pretty. It was from a place called Sutter's Ridge, and they had the greatest strawberry jam so we got some of that too. We got a few more things, saw this great sign:



and then went out to Sauk Prairie to the Blue Spoon - the restaurant that's part of the Culver's Corporate Headquarters. That was great fun, and the sock really likes Sprecher Root Beer.



It was later that night that I discovered the yarn shortage problem and that's when I posted. Today in the down times at the store, I frogged back the completed sock and reknit the toes on both. So I still got a complete pair of socks out of the weekend!



As mentioned, these are the Uptown Boot Socks from IK Winter 2003 and Favorite Socks. When I actually worked on them they went super fast - there's lots of plain knitting. The yarn, of course, is County Clare Socks that Rock Lightweight, bought so that I may triumphantly wear these socks in Country Clare this summer. They are nice and snug, and pulling back 4 rows on the finished sock didn't make me like the length any less. They are super comfy and I'm going to get lots of enjoyment from them, I can tell.


This brings the sock count to 8 pairs since Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment