Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The Opinionated Knitter

Yesterday after work I ran down to the yarn store just before it closed to pick up a few more colors for a striped scarf. One of my coworkers had bought me The Opinionated Knitter, which I mentioned a few weeks ago I wanted. Madison people are just nicer. This woman is a remarkably kind, incredibly talented knitter, and I am just flattered down to my toes that she thought of me. Jorah is out of town for the rest of the summer and the yarn store ladies have really gone out of their way to let me know that they are there when I need them.

The Opinionated Knitter is a great book, incidentally. In addition to having the Baby Surprise Jacket, (one of my all-time favorite patterns), it also has this amazing blanket that brooklyn tweed knit last year. I've also been planning on knitting a version of the Classic Brooks Sweater for my dad. And I've been wanting a Bohus Yoke Sweater for myself.

It's a great book.

While I was there, just to round out the EZness, I also bought the new pattern from Schoolhouse Press for the Adult-Baby-Child Surprise Jacket. I urge you to go to the website and look at how cute the Child Surprise is - I can't wait to knit one!

And since this post is called The Opionionated Knitter, here's an opinion from me: The Backwards Loop Cast On is way better than Long-Tail. Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment