Sunday, May 17, 2009

Hey, New Photos!

Finally took some more pictures of the other socks I've made so far this year!




These are the Gentleman's Fancy Socks from Knitting Vintage Socks, by Nancy Bush, a wonderful book. The yarn is Dream in Color Smooshy, Colorway Nightwatch, which lent these socks their name: The Socks that Guard the Realms of Men. (Newsflash: I'm a dork.) I made these in December for Jorah. They were the first sock weight socks I ever knit, and they were so nice when I finished them that I had to knit myself some:



Also Smooshy, but these are in Flamingo Pie, a name which makes me indescribably happy.





These are the Pirate's Booty Socks that Rock Lightweight that the bosslady gave me for Christmas. They are just a simple 2x2 rib that carrys onto the foot. They're really warm.




And these I made from some yarn that my parents-in-law gave me for Christmas. They're just a smidge too small for me, (I got impatient and stopped knitting too soon) and so they are now Jorah's. He says that they're his favorite, which greatly pleases me. I have that pattern written down and I'm planning on offering it later this summer.

In other sock news, the Little Mermaid socks have bitten the dust. They were lovely, but too small. I was hoping that the stretch would make them large enough and was just knitting the pattern as written. My gigantic feet vanquished them though and so they hit the frog pond a few days ago. I thought about finishing them and then saving them to give them to someone for Christmas, but then I decided that I wanted me to have the delightful Socks that Rock. They are becoming a plain sock, to show off the beautiful colors.

I have decided that the Mad Color Socks and the Blue Brick Wall Socks (formerly Little Mermaid) need to be finished by May 31, but I have a few other things to work on too. It's going to be a rush. I love the saying, "If you want something done, give it to a busy person." I'm trying to be that busy person.


*Incidentally, if any of you have seen the charger for my bluetooth earwig, I wish you would let me know. I haven't seen it since August, but I really need it.

1 comment:

  1. Flamingo Pie!! That is too cute. :) Great socks in beautiful colors - good eye candy for Monday morning.

    ReplyDelete