Friday, June 11, 2010

Packing

I don't have time to make a weepy "I can't believe I'm voluntarily leaving Madison" post like I was planning. I'm in the throws of packing instead. I have most of my clothes packed (just waiting for a few things to come out of the dryer) and now it's time to start really thinking about necessities.

Knitting and yarn going to Silver Bay:


1. OWL stuff. Obviously. For my HPKCHC this term I'm attempting a History of Magic OWL and making:
All of these things need to be at the 50% point by June 30th. I've made good time on the shawl and the cloche, but have recently decided that the boots need to go back - waaaaaaaaaay back.

2. Homework for HPKCHC:
3. Yarn for future projects (keeping in mind that Jorah can send me a care package or two if I need it.
  • Heavyweight STR Love to make a baby surprise jacket to go with the Stella Pixie Hat and Booties that I already made.
  • Yarn for the Pingala shawl already in progress (possibly back to the drawing board on this one)
4. Random STR (and one skein of Mountain Colors) which I need to use to DESIGN MY OWN STUFF in colorways:

  • Spy-Say Guacamolay
  • Cattywampus
  • My Wild Irish Girlie

I have made a big change of plans and decided NOT to pre-wind everything before I leave. I will do things the old fashioned way, without my fancy ball winder and swift, just like they did in the Days of Yore when all and sundry were forced to wind their designer hand-painted yarn by hand before knitting it magic loop on their Addi Turbo needles.

I think I might take my skein of Knitosophy Superhero too, just in case. Also Whimsical Little Knits. You never know when you might need to make an Ishbel at the drop of a hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment