Friday, March 19, 2010

Stuff We All Get

I am so blessed to have such beautiful yarn. Lately it seems like yarn has just been coming to me - appearing out of nowhere. That's not entirely true, but look at the pretties:


This is my amazing gift package for competing in the Ravelympics. Even though I didn't finish (injury due to running out of yarn) I was entered in and got one of the Courage to Compete Prizes on Team Blue Moon. UnravelingSophia, who has a blog of her own, was our team captain and sent me that package of yarny goodness.You see before you a skein of mediumweight Hollyday (a color I desperately wanted at Christmas but didn't get) a skein of Sockittome in Vermillions of Socks (I saw it and immediately thought, 'it looks kind of like ST-2!' I think of everything in terms of STR now). A very cool pattern, beautiful stitch markers, awesome key-chain gauge and ruler, Knitter's Hand Balm, and sock note cards. Amazing loot.

Also, my extra yarn to finish my Ravelympics Sweater has arrived and I couldn't help but throw in a skein of Lover's Leap Mediumweight. I admit to being a little disappointed - I thought from the interwebs that I was going to be red. Fortunately pink is one of my other favorite colors (certainly in the top 30). They were going to be My Vampire Boyfriend socks though, and I don't know if Spike wants me to knit pink socks to remind me of him . . .

On my first day off in 27 days I went to the Madison Knitters' Guild Knit In with a friend. We showed up at 7:30 am (marketplace openned at 8:00.) We were also one of the first cars in the parking lot - as I said to Kj - it's good to know that we're only the 19th and 20th craziest knitters in Madison. We cruised the marketplace, went to class, (Kj had Photographing Your Fiber with Franklin Habit, I had Two End Knitting with Carol Rhoades.) Did more marketplace, saw Ann and Kay of Mason Dixon Knitting, did more marketplace.

My Two End Knitting class was amazing! When Kj came to get me after I told her I felt like my brain had exploded. I am all over this now. If I ever finish anything in my lineup of 10 WIPs I plan to go a little crazy with the Two Ends. Also, I need to buy a book.

Ann and Kay were very good - very funny and I had a great time. My favorite part though, was intermission, when we got to go up and feel all of the garments. It made me stiffen my resolve to knit this, and this, and this!

Surprisingly, the only thing I bought was this:


Briar Rose Fibers Wistful
, a delicious 50% merino, 30% alpaca, 20% silk blend. I have 1,000 yards. I think it wants to be a gigantic scarf.

And then, just to give you a taste of the projects I mentioned in my last post -


Daybreak, in STR Mediumweight, 24 Karat and Sugarplum and


Stock Socks, in Dream in Color Knitosophy Superhero. I love them both.

No comments:

Post a Comment