Sunday, August 1, 2010

Home?sick

I've been feeling a little betwix-and-between lately. This is a fun place and there is lots to do and see here, but I'm homesick for three different places. As my mom would say, I've had enough fun.

I miss Madison. I miss Lakeside-That-Was and mostly my friends who worked there. I've been thinking about them a lot today, the Lakeside Ladies. I flipped through the new Twist Collective, and it made me realize how much fun I had at the yarn store - how I would feel when the new fall yarns would come in, every box full of new colors and textures. Every fall filled with possibilities. I want to go have dinner with them all at Taj Indian (as an aside, I long for food with spice!) and have someone say, "Have you seen the new Classic Elite books?" and have someone else say, "Oh, I have one in my car, I'll be right back!" I love my ladies.

I miss Virginia. I spoke to my mom and my grandma briefly yesterday and they were making homemade ice cream and Peach Conserve. It's been really nice here recently, like Virginia in late September, and I can't wait to visit home this fall. I'm going back for the Waterford Fair - the big craft show in my area. I may spend up to two weeks at home and I can't wait!

Weirdly, I miss Austin, even though I've never been there. Maybe I'm just excited to get my life going again. I want to be there with my family in our new house and get settled into a routine. I want to have a cell phone again so I can call my friends in Wisconsin, Louisiana, Florida, and Virginia and not have to rely on Facebook. I am ready to develop a routine and really get down to designing and knitting and working on my LIFE.

------------------------------------

Silver Bay has a Labyrinth (a replica of the famous one at Chartres Cathedral) and I finally tried it out this morning. You may know that I'm not a religious person, but I am a spiritual one, and I have heard about the power of Labyrinths from various readings and friends. It was quite the experience. Most of the wisdom I gleaned from it came in the form of cliches, it's true, but cliches are cliches for a reason. There is a difference too, between having someone mouth platitudes to you when your soul is tangled up and realizing them yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment