Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Midwest Alpaca Fest

Went to the Midwest Alpaca Fest with some friends this weekend and had a great time. I got a chance to try out a spinning wheel (not a disaster, but not a triumph either) and we looked at some super pretty alpacas with their little faces. I forgot my camera, so you'll just have to imagine the little faces.


I had a productive knitting weekend other than that too. I finished my latest set of Distraction-Knitting-Booties in STR Lightweight Lapis -

And I also finally finished the socks I promised for my brother last summer. I'm going to try to get to the post office later today.


I've started another sweater from Vintage Baby Knits. I have a feeling I'll be working my way through all of the patterns in this book before long. I don't know if I'll finish this sweater - I only have just the right amount of yarn and I haven't found the book to be super accurate on yardage - but the patterns are gorgeously cute and I'm having a ton of fun.

My parents are coming up to visit in a couple of weeks for Jorah's GRADUATION(!) and I'm going to throw myself back onto the altar of the RavOlympics sweater - I'd love for it to be finished when they get here. I might get distracted and just knit more adorable little baby things though . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment