Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Plans Plans Plans

I'm making the simplest baby sweater in all the land (Louise Cardigan from Vintage Baby Knits) and I keep goofing up the yoke because I'm not reading the directions. First I was decreasing too quickly, now I'm decreasing too slowly. Thank goodness it's such a small sweater, otherwise I'd be knitting it FOREVER.

This weekend some of my favorite ladies in the whole world came over to knit for a couple of hours. We hung out in my living room and talked and had show and tell. It was really great - I'm going to miss them like crazy when I move in August.

Kj brought her Skew sock to show us all while she worked on the second one, and I have to say it was like a revelation. I'd seen the pattern of course, and lots of people made them for their Olympic project, but it is so much cooler in person. She let me take some pictures of her feet -



See how cool that is? Another reason I hadn't wanted to make it was because I have such gigantic feet and it's a difficult pattern to alter. Kj suggested just changing the gauge (of course) and so I'm going to give it a try with my STR Mediumweight ST-1. When I knit with mediumweight on US 1.5s I get a much more standard sock.

And so that brings me to my Harry Potter Knit and Crochet House Cup Plans.

1. Frog the Kettricken Mukluks and reknit them on US 1 needles for History of Magic and Fantasia.

2. Skew socks for Defense Against the Dark Arts - need to find them in someone's queue, which I know I can because two other Ravenclaws are doing them too.

3. Ravenclaw Husband's Auxiliary Rune Hat for Ancient Runes (I think out of Bearfoot)

4. Monkey - I ordered the Blue Moon pattern - I can't decide what class it fits in though.

5. My mom is going to get here in 9 days - I really really want to finish the Olympic Sweater before she does, so that's going to be my priority before I can start all of these House Cup projects.

I'm also going for Convocation. Good luck with that self.

No comments:

Post a Comment