Sunday, April 18, 2010

Fantasia: Royal Assasin

I'm very excited this term to be running a workshop in the Ravelry group Fantasia! Basically, each semester people submit proposals for challenges based on books (fantasy and kid's books, hence, Fantasia) and others turn in all kinds of projects loosely based on those challenges.

I have done a challenge for some of my favorite books, The Farseer series, especially Royal Assassin, which has one of my all time favorite characters, Kettricken. I have been working on a badge for the challenge, and I hope this works!


In other reading news, I have been absolutely consumed with mysteries of late. I'm all crazy for Mrs. Emily Pollifax and Miss Maisie Dobbs. I like a good heroine. Jorah's traveling a lot next week, so I'm going to be fending for myself a bit. I have four new books to keep me company!

I really can't believe how crazy about reading I've gotten - who knew that of my 26 Last Year's Goals, reading new books would be the one I would embrace most heartily? And that it would be so expensive . . .

It's worth it though. I do have to go - poor Mrs. Pollifax has just been left with her associate's (dead) body and seen her friend kidnapped . . . she's also had her passport taken away by the Istanbul police. To switch to a different detective series, Captain Hastings would say, "Oh, dear!"

No comments:

Post a Comment