Monday, April 19, 2010

Return of the Mojo?

I wouldn't say that it's back full force, but after a refreshing trip to the farmers' market this weekend I began to feel slightly knitty again.

I've been filled with a certain amount of Leaving-Madison-Urgency recently and have finally bought something I've been meaning to get for a while now. Madison has one of the best Farmers' Markets in the nation and there are a few crafty booths in addition to the produce and baked goods types. I've been wanting these since I first saw them years ago:


Adorable onesies from Bernie's Girl. I do not now have a human infant, nor do I expect to have one soon - but I couldn't leave Madison without my favorites!

Okay, now that the embarrassing stuff is over, on to the yarn! We also hit up The Sow's Ear this weekend, and were delighted to find some BEAUTIFUL sock yarn by Sun Valley Fiber Farm.


I was actually the most attracted to a beautiful color called Barn Raising - a gorgeous handpainted faded pink with just a few touches of red. I ended up with two skeins of the above because they also had some great slipper soles - my size and with lots and lots of holes. I've been meaning to make myself some nice mukluks for years, and now with the Royal Assassin challenge I'm all over some Kettricken mukluks! (As we know, she loves the purple!)


Did I mention it's 80% Merino, 10% Nylon, and 10% Cashmere? No? That's weird, because it is completely my favorite yarn! I am loving of the MCN. Had to go back the next day to get a crochet hook small enough to go through the holes in the soles, but it's totally worth it. I've made progress on my Brother Socks, and washed the yarn from the first iteration of the Brother Socks last summer (which I just found in my garden after searching for for 7 months!)


And I've also started my Rectangular Ulmus, which I've been salivating over for months.


I don't know how I feel now that I'm going though - this pattern is the reason I opted for the double yarn club through Old Maiden Aunt and I LOVE Strange Rock n' Rollers (the light green/purpley one.) This is a wool/bamboo blend and it is incredibly soft . . . . but I feel like the Strange Rock n' Rollers is a little washed out next to Bitter Bug . . .


Here it is by itself - it's so luminous! I was planning on knitting the lacy ends in this color, but I don't know if that's enough for such an amazing color!

What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I thought I had read this wrong: "which I just found in my garden after searching for for 7 months!"--but then I read the post before this one, and laughed my ass off. Awesome. ;)

    I can see what you mean about the color combo...but I think they complement each other pretty well!

    ReplyDelete