Sunday, February 28, 2010

NonFinisher

I'm not going to finish my RavOlympics sweater.

I came home from knitting on Tuesday night and finally faced the sad truth - I was going to run out of white if I kept knitting. Because I will want to stripe in a new dyelot I decided to stop knitting right there, rather than see how far I could get. I know this was the right thing to do, but I'm still a little disappointed.

Here's the sweater on Wednesday morning after I gave up:



Of course, part of me wants to look on the bright side - I did get a good start on a sweater I've been meaning to make for 3 years, and I did learn two handed weaving, and I did knit 1,120 yards in 12 days. And tomorrow I shall become Payday Woman, and I shall order more Will 'O The Wisp, and after 5 to 10 days for processing, and 2 to 3 days to ship, I'll be back on track. And I'll finish.

Until then, I'm going to go clean the bathroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment