Sunday, February 14, 2010

Knitty, Not Bloggy

Spoiler Alert! One of the patterns from the January shipment of the Blue Moon Fiber Arts Notorious Sock Knitters' World Domination Tour is pictured at the end of this post, in the yarn that came in the January shipment! (It's awesome.) Don't scroll if you're not ready to see it!

I've been on a major quest to finish some things up before the RavOlympics start and last weekend I finished three projects in two days! (That's one of the benefits of having so many projects going on at one time.)

Let's take a look, shall we?

First, the Mini Mochi socks that captivated me over Christmas. I've really only been working on them during Open Knitting since I got back to Madtown.

I don't know how I feel about these. The yarn is beautiful, of course. They look like they're lit from the inside, even in person. It was such a pain to knit with though - extremely splitty, oddly thin in some places and just downright broken in others. They're being cannibalized to use as a model for the next class sock class I'm going to teach, as they are my Stock Socks pattern (slightly shorter ribbing because I was really frustrated by the splittiness in purling.)

The next was also a shop model - Ice Queen from Knitty.



It's made of delightful Kidsilk Haze and is beaded - my first time knitting with beads (I've knit with Tili Tomas Rock Star, but that's pre-beaded.) It was also my first time doing a provisional cast on, which I now crazy love. I've done patterns that require them before, but I usually just do my standard backwards loop and pick up, because it's almost as good. I did the real thing this time because when I knit for the shop I don't alter patterns, so that customers should get the same result. I'm really glad I did this project, I learned a lot. (I know the picture is terrible.)

Project Number Three is the Floyd Sweater from Vintage Baby Knits and it's totally gorgeous.


I have two pregnant cousins right now and when I was telling my mom about it she asked who the sweater was for . . . I said it's for me! I'm not giving it away - I love this sweater! It's not really a baby sweater anyway - it's probably going to fit a two year old! (I had a ton of extra yarn after I ordered my second skein, so I decided to knit to a bigger gauge for a bigger baby!)

Oh! An awesome knitting friend gave me TWO skeins of Three Irish Girls's Beckon Stretch Merino in Father Time! I think it's going to be a shawl!


And now, the first shipment of the Rockin' Sock Club! I LOVE the Cascadia pattern! (I love mountains and dragons, so it's a complete homerun!) I'm actually way farther than this picture shows, this was taken last weekend!


And now, back downstairs to work on the RavOlympics project! It's awesome - photos soon!

(Happy Valentine's everyone!! Allow me to direct you to some socks I'll be knitting after the RavOlympics - My Vampire Boyfriend. I'm not watching the Olympics, by the way, but Buffy - soon Angel.)

No comments:

Post a Comment