Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Done and Done!

I officially crossed two things off of the list in the last two days.

On Sunday after I got home from work Jorah and I walked over to Tenney Park to go ice skating. I couldn't get my laces all of the way up and I was very unsteady in my skates so I created a common-sense caveat to my Last Year's Resolutions. I will do those things as long as I can do them without really hurting myself. I was unconvinced that I could skate with laces only halfway done, so I put my shoes back on and slid around on the ice in my shoes. It was actually super fun.

Yesterday morning the sign-ups for Schoolhouse Press Knitting Camp went live. I've been wanting to go ever since I found out that it existed years ago, and so this year I applied. I have my fingers crossed - I really hope I can get in. A couple of friends who have been before wrote me letters of recommendation (super nice of them) and so I'm hoping that will help me.

As far as the rest of the list goes, I'm working on it. I'm trying to get a knitting group going (I've been trying for about two months now) but people aren't coming regularly yet, so I'm not going to cross that off. I'm working on updating the blog and going to the gym, but it's hard with the short days and my work schedule right now. I'm thinking I might have to start getting up and going to the gym before work, even though getting up that early is against my prime directive.

I have a couple of things I'm working on, designy-wise I just need to get them written up. I also need to finish knitting my Floyd baby sweater, which is super cute but taking up all of my time. I honestly expect to be finished by Friday.

I went through the house and Goodwilled a bunch of things at the beginning of winter, so that's going well, I added about 95% of my music to the Ipod, and I've read a number of new books since August - they're all light and fluffy, but I'm okay with that.

So yeah. I think the Last Year's Resolutions are going well so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment