Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Last FO of 2009

I never posted about the last finished project of 2009! That's too bad, because I really quite enjoyed it.



A few months ago I was at the Knitting Tree and saw some delightful Malabrigo Twist. I've always been iffy on Malabrigo, even though the colors are so beautiful they make my soul hurt, because it seems so soft in the single ply I've been afraid it will just shred to pieces within minutes of wearing it. Or pill like crazy. I had never before come across Twist, which is an Aran weight 8 ply.



Anyway, I bought three skeins of it to make my future SIL a long moss double moss scarf. When I joined ball three even though they were the same dyelot, there was a marked difference in color, so I picked back and made the third into a hat. The hat is cool because it's a double thickness around the ears - it's essentially a fold up flap that is then knitted in so it won't wiggle around on you.



I'm very happy with this project, and the Malabrigo, in spite of dyelot issues. This is my gorgeous sister modeling, by the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment