Thursday, January 21, 2010

I Was Doing So Well

I was doing so well! I was knitting and blogging and designing and photographing and posting and it was all good and the angels sang! I was even going to the gym again!

And then my boss went on maternity leave. And now I'm the boss. It's about all I can do to get my butt from my bed to work and then back to bed. At least my sleep problems are under control - then I'd be a real mess.

I assure you, some amount of knitting is still happening here. I'm just not home during daylight hours any more, and therefore cannot photo anything. I'm working on a hat out of Mini Mochi doubled I think I will write up as a pattern as well as my requisite four pairs of socks.

I wasted a bunch of time last week working on the Floyd Sweater from Vintage Baby Knits. It was a pleasure and joy to knit it, all four times that I started it. The yarn requirements are way off though, and I kept weighing my remainder, realizing I didn't have enough yarn, and frogging. I finally understood that I just needed to order another skein of Vine Maple Heavyweight and broke down and did it. I'm not saying that the Floyd Sweater itself if going to be a waste of time - I'm so enamored of it I'm actually going to knit it for the fifth time when my yarn comes. I just wish that I had the sense God gave a goose and looked at all of the Ravelry projects, which clearly state that you are not going to have enough yarn unless you are making this sweater for a chihuahua.

And because I don't have any time at all, I decided to do the RavOlympics this year. I haven't entered yet - I'm waiting for the yarn I ordered to get here. Then I'll tell you all about my super secret project!

Sorry no photos - as I mentioned, it is dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment