Monday, November 3, 2008

Hooray for the Weekend

A truly great weekend. Not a lot of knitting was accomplished, but overall I give this weekend an A for productivity.

I didn't have the work this weekend, my first weekend with both days off and nothing to do for months and months. I slept quite late on Saturday and then Jorah and I went on a nice long walk through the neighborhood. We were hitting the thrift/antique stores and found several that were very cool - one kitchen store in particular where I could do all of his birthday shopping with great success.

I spent the evening working on the needlepoint stocking I'm trying to get done for him for Christmas. My mother made amazing stockings for our family when we were kids and Jorah needs one so he matches - we do Christmas morning at my family's house and the stocking is a big deal. It's just the most beautiful pattern too - I'm so pleased with it. I've had it for about two weeks, and I think I'm making good time. It doesn't photograph very well right now, but I'll post a picture once it's a little farther along.

Today we went to an antique store we visited a while ago and bought a cheap but nice secretary for my office. I haven't been getting very much done in the office, because I really need to have a movie on to get work done. I know that makes me a terrible attentionspanless person, but it is so. The flat screen monitor sits on top of the desk, flanked by my adorable speakers, and the wireless mouse and keyboard are inside. When I'm not using it, it's all closed up. Perfecto. And to prove it works - I spent about 8 hours sewing today working on the 19th century coats that have been hanging over my head for the last year.

It is a really great little office now and I think I'll spend lots of time in here in the future. Kira likes it, she's been sleeping in the red chair for the last few hours, keeping me company.

I think I can actually see the light at the end of the tunnel on these coats. What will my celebratory knitting project become? I have so many ideas . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment