Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Horror

I think I'm allergic to my Distracto Vest.

I worked on it pretty constantly yesterday and finished the back, but the whole time I was handling it I just felt worse and worse. I could finish this whole thing in less than a week - that's how fast it's going - but now I'm afraid to touch it. I feel okay today - aside from being freezing - but I'm afraid to pick it up.

Now I'm remembering why I don't buy purple - I'm allergic to some purple dyes, I'm convinced of it. I've had bad reactions to purple acrylic, purple mohair, and now it seems, purple wool.

I'll lay off it today and work on the hat and the mittens and then pick it up tomorrow. That should give me an answer.

The only thing is - will I still be allergic after I wash/block it? Should I power through and try to finish up? or should I frog it and try to swap it on Ravelry for something I'm not allergic to?

This is awful.

No comments:

Post a Comment