Tuesday, May 11, 2010

S.P.E.W.

I got another shipment from Blue Moon on Friday - I won one of the RSC contests and got a 20% off coupon, so it would basically have been like throwing away free money not to buy a bunch of yarn, right?

One of the skeins I bought was the new color Queen Charlotte and I have to say, I loved it so much that I didn't even get a picture of it in the skein before it was wound up and I had started knitting it. Originally it was going to be a smaller Funky Sock Monkey (it's medium weight instead of the called-for heavy weight) but then I liked it too much, so I frogged that and now it's becoming Skew.



I am crazy about this pair of socks and this colorway. I want to go hog wild and order 3000 yards and then just roll around in it. It is a genius combination of colors - I'm definitely doing that thing where you just want to keep knitting to see what happens next - I am on the edge of my seat waiting for the next gorgeous marroony purple to show up!

These are my project for the HPKCHC Defense Against the Dark Arts class. I was running around looking for them in another house members' queue and when I found them she described them as her SPEW socks, because of the Society to Promote Elvish Welfare. Now of course that is stuck in my head too.

I just want to stay home from work and knit! I can't wait to see what happens next!

No comments:

Post a Comment