Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Anastasia Socks

I had a good finishing things kind of weekend. The Black Hole Sweater (Christmas Tree of Life) is finally finished, as are the Rustic Rib socks. Both of those were for Jorah. When he comes home I'll try and do a little photoshoot - I'm pretty pleased with how they turned out.

In celebration I started the Anastasia Socks that I've been thinking about for ages. I helped someone at the yarn store figure out how to do them months ago and they've been in the back of my mind ever since. I have to say, they're super cute, and going really fast.


I'm doing two at once because I've never done toe-up before, and thus, don't have a standard recipe for them. I wanted to make sure that these would be the same. I'm not sure how I'm going to like the fit - most of the sock mavens I know prefer top down with a heel flap, but I can tell you right now, these are not my last Anastasia Socks. In future, I may make them top down with a heel flap, but they are so cute they're definitely going to be around for awhile.


The pattern is from Pepperknit, a great blog, and they're a really cute girly sock, so obviously I had to make them in a cute, girly yarn. Dream in Color Smooshy, Ruby River. Jorah gave me the yarn for Christmas and it wasn't my favorite wound up in the skein, but as you can see; it's super cute knit up. The color is closer in the first picture.

Yay for handknit socks!

And now off to wash some dishes. And maybe scare up some lunch in a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment