Thursday, December 17, 2009

Blocking . . .


Before you are the Cabbage Leaf Baby Blanket and the Jungle Baby Blanket, in that order. (Also my lumpy mattress.) The Cabbage Leaf has been done for weeks, but was unblocked and I just couldn't take a decent photo of it. The Jungle Baby was finished last night and shall be gifted tomorrow to my awesome boss on her last day before the holiday.

I really like how both turned out - the Cabbage Leaf bleed all over my socks and essentially ruined my Gingerbread Dude and Flamingo Pie Socks in the wash, but I'm over it because it's just so great. There is alpaca in it and it is just extremely soft and delightful. It also felted a teeny tiny bit, so I've stretched it quite a bit (and yes I know I could have pinned it out better.

The Jungle Baby did not shrink, it just got nice and soft and stretched out - perfect for a baby blanket for a non-knitter. I think it's going to hold up pretty well.

There are definitely more projects for me out of both Paca Peds (Cabbage Leaf) and Happy Feet (Jungle Baby) in my future. Although in the future I shall wash the Paca Peds by itself.

Beauty shots tomorrow in the natural light.

No comments:

Post a Comment