Thursday, July 2, 2009

Can't Sleep Clowns Will Eat Me

I'm sick as a dog and miserable as all get out, but I can't take a nap because I have a Dr.'s appointment in 45 minutes. After they sent me home from work this morning (thank the gods) I downloaded a bunch of vacation photos (I had to dump them onto Jorah's laptop while we were traveling because my memory card is itty-bitty - he's emailing them to me.) I have almost all of them.

Just to warn you, I am planning on writing up the vacation - I have lots of beautiful photos (although not much knitting content) and I want to be able to remember this vacation in the years to come, and I'm not really convinced that I have a rabid knitting following anyway which will be perturbed if we veer into vacation photos for awhile.

But until then, here's a teeny-weeny bit of knitting content - the bare minimum I did to not get kicked out of the Knit & Crochet House Cup. Divination's July assignment was to make something tea or coffee related, and so I present to you, The Mug Snug.



Isn't she lovely? This is my favorite mug, and I use her all the time, especially now, being so sick. Russian grannies the world over recommend chai s'myodum (tea with honey) for the sick, and I am all about it. I pretty much always have a pot on the stove making me some more.



As you can see, there is a built-in coaster as well. I have convinced myself that there's such a thing as scorching a table and that I need a coaster for hot drinks. I have always been scornful when I've seen patterns for these in books but the truth is, I realy like it. It really is nice and cosy. The only problem so far is that I was admiring the smooth way I picked up stitches to knit the bottom at one point, tipped the cup too far, and poured hot tea in my lap. Well, we can't all be smart.

No comments:

Post a Comment