Tuesday, February 17, 2009

New Obsession!

After making all of the pieces to the sweater mentioned in the last post, I held them up to my body and realized, with some dismay, that I was going to look and feel like a chunkster nugget* if I sewed them into a sweater and attempted to wear them. Since that defeats the purpose of knitting for oneself, I am now unknitting that sweater into a brand new sweater of my own design - a sweater I am loving more and more the farther I get into it.

Ladies and Gentlemen, meet the Bleeding Heart Raglan:



I began my unknitting on Thursday night and I expect to finish tomorrow or Thursday, making this a week-long sweater. And I even stopped to work on my Flamingo Pie sock for awhlie today. Ecstatic knitting at its finest.

*I stole the term chunkster nugget from my friend moknitting. It makes me very happy somehow. I think of Chris Farley in Tommy Boy singing "Fat Man in a Little Coat."

No comments:

Post a Comment