Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Sock-a-Palooza















































It's all about socks here recently at Chez Dove. I made socks for Jorah for Christmas - the Gentleman's Fancy Sock from Knitting Vintage Socks. Then because I loved that so much I made the Child's First Sock in Shell Pattern for my mother - I just finished those last night, I haven't sent them yet. Both of these were made of Dream in Color Smooshy.


Then my boss gave us all Socks That Rock for Christmas - she picked out colorways for all of us and she totally nailed me with Pirate's Booty. I love love love this yarn. I made up my own pattern for this and will be writing it up - it's a super comfortable warm sock. I was really afraid for a while that I wasn't going to be able to finish the second one but I ended up having eight yards left - perfect.

Then I finished Ribby Bear Socks and decided I needed to make more socks, so I got some more Dream in Color and started some Gentleman's Fancy Socks for myself. (They are super comfortable, I've stolen Jorah's several times.) It's the colorway Flamingo Pie, which makes me really happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment