Thursday, January 29, 2009

Oh Yeah, the Transformers Hat


Transformers Hat
Rowan Felted Tweed
Source: Yes I MADE That


As you can see from the picture, my hat doesn't say "More than meets the eye" on the inside. My husband suggested changing that to "DIE AUTOBOTS" because his brother quotes that line from the original Transformers movie all the time. It turned out to be a good change because BIL immediately turned the hat inside out and the whole time we were home he wore it with the DIE AUTOBOTS side out. As they would say in the Selfish Knitters group on Ravelry, Definately Knitworthy.

The felted tweed I bought because I'm thinking of making my dad a sweater out of it and I have to say I enjoyed it. This sweater would have an MG sign knitted into it in intarsia (sad to say: I loathe intarsia), and I wanted to see how Felted Tweed looked with colorwork. It totally rocked. I have the big love for it now.

All in all, a good project.

Sock machinations continue. I have an upstairs sock and a downstair sock now, so I'm knitting on different floors.

No comments:

Post a Comment