Monday, October 27, 2008

Too Bad They're Not Robot Cats

Last night after making that triumphant post that actually said stuff I went to go cast on and discovered that I didn't have any size 3 20" circulars, which are of course, vital to the process of knitting a hat. I ended up finishing up Zoe instead, a children's hat that I've been working on for a week or two and finished the knitting part. I think she needs a pom pom (will be a nice way to use up the rest of the yarn) and then I just need to find someone with a small enough head.

After work today trekked back to the yarn store to buy my needles and was very successful in only buying needles. There's some Manos del Uruguay that is just calling to me (handpaint red & pink is one of my all time favs) and there are one or two other small projects I keep trying to justify in my head. The girl at work who's having a baby, the little somethings I could knit for stocking presents for Jorah . . . how much I would really like some nice Bearfoot socks . . .

But I just bought needles and then came home and got cracking on the hat. I don't know if I always overestimate my knitting speed or if it's just that I feel like I have to show progress, but things seemed to be taking forever tonight.

Here's the Autobot:















And the Decepticon:

Sorry for the photo quality. My gorgeous beautiful wonderful camera is oddly broken so I'm making do with Jorah's nice camera. I like mine better.

In spite of the slowness, I'm really pretty excited. I think that's because Felted Tweed = Soft Deliciousness. I'm finding that it's doing a great job colorwork-wise as well. Not slippy, things are showing up, yet when I wrap on the back the wraps don't poke through. I'm sitting here knitting and planing a Voltron hat for myself in my head. Hm. Need to do a better job separating things in my mind. After all, just because the first thing I make with Felted Tweed is a Geek Hat, doesn't mean I can only make Geek Hats.

No comments:

Post a Comment