Friday, November 20, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me

It's been crazy busy this week and I'm just finally getting around to posting my birthday yarn loot. I also just got my Old Maiden Aunt Yarn Preview Club yarn this week, so I'm going to put that at the end of the post - THIS IS A SPOILER ALERT.

Here we have my delightful new Socks that Rock (all lightweights):



Left to Right they are Gail's Autumn Joy, Gingerbread Dude, Sugarplums, Grinchy, Gingerbread Dudette, ST-2, and Jonagold. The Sugarplums, Grinchy, and ST-2 are from my awesome parents in law and the others are from my awesome husband. Good taste in yarn must run in the family!

For those of you playing along at home, I now have two skiens of Gingerbread Dudette Lightweight. I'm planning on making some stockings (or at least tall socks) with them. I'm already almost finished my Mediumweight Gingerbread Dudes (I hope to have a picture for you soon - the socks are so cool!) I think I might make the Lightweight into a hat.

And here is my beautiful new Old Maiden Aunt 100% Superwash Merino, in Midnight Owl:



and Put On the Day:



I completely love them. I don't know if they're going to be socks or what, but I have the big love. I love orange, but I don't usually buy it. And if you look at my Ravelry Stash Page you'll see that I'm all over brown. I'm feeling like maybe I want to use them together, but I don't know if they are going to be the Rectangular Ulmus of my dreams or not, but whatever they become they are going to be beautiful!!

No comments:

Post a Comment